Well.. it is a little after 530AM on Sunday morning here. I have been up for 24 hours now. Nate went back on shift yesterday- so I spent last night alone. I went to the Fire Dept. for dinner and after dinner we had coffee. Caffeine normally does not keep me up. I was so tired at dinner because I had spent 7 hours today completing my research project for school.. anyways, I had like 3 cups of coffee. UGH! And I have not slept.. joy. :) This is the 2nd time I have not slept.. and I had to realize.. its the coffee.. What a bummer, cause I sure do like an evening coffee every now and again..
Well today is the Air Show on base. They expect well over 100,000 Japanese to come on base. ALL gates (like 6-7) will be opened. Normally only 1 is always open and there is another that opens in the mornings for rush hour traffic coming to work.. Every area where there is grass is totally marked off for parking. It is going to be crazy. We live in NORTH area.. about 10 minutes from main base.. I am just going to take my bike. Nate has to stay at the FD to man it.. so.. I am going to volunteer for G.S.
The Japanese LOOOVE this. Obviously, if that many come. But they come to buy pizza and cake! HAHA! Like every organization bakes cakes and sales them.. seriously. The Japanese love them.. because they are sweeter.. hence the reason we are fatter. Blah! :0 Anywho... this has a point. On the way to dinner tonight at 5pm, I was going to the FD, I passed a gate that NEVER opens expect for here. It is the gate right by my house and the beach! There were like 5-6 Japanese cars already parked out there.. Isnt that crazy!? Gate does not open until 8am this morning! They had a table out.. palying a game.. HAHA! Made me think of like.. the day after Thanksgiving and how folks camp out to get the good deals! When I came home from the FD around 7pm.. there were MORE cars, and campers.. they had lights out there and eveyrthing.. So.. funny!
Ill take my camara today and take some pics for you guys! Hopefully Ill satay awake. Lol! Ill be ready to crash tonight! You guys have a great Saturday evening!
Moving
13 years ago
1 comment:
Hey Cass,
thanks for keeping us all infomred on yours and Nates Japan adventure. We at least get ti live through you both.
Love, Aunt Cindy.
Post a Comment