Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Japan Life

There is really not much new going on here... Although I do not have a job- I tend to stay busy. Is that crazy? Not really- that is just who I am. Let's see... on Saturday we both volunteered at the Special Olympics on base. I have pictures from it, but I will have to post later. When that ended, Nate went golfing and I went to a football game. The evening went on .. and we hung out with friends. Sunday, Nate went to work- and I went to church. I am getting a little nervous that possibly we picked the wrong church to join and get involved with. I have got to spend some serious time with the Lord- because only He is going to be able to guide me on this. Monday came and Nate was off again.. we didn't do to much of anything. There is a new couple here and they have a 3month old baby girl. So actually, on Monday, I kept her while they did some things that needed to be handled. They live over by us! Today, I went to the Thrift Store with Sadie, my new really great friend.. we had a good time there! Then, I came home.. I got my coupons ready- and Sadie and I went grocery shopping! I have now found something I want to do... cut and use coupons. I saved $13 today. It may not seem like much, but once you put it all together over time, I know it will be a lot! So, that is my new hobby.
Sadie, Aerial, and Erica all went with me to Bunko tonight at my church. We had a great time! As I walked in my door tonight around 9pm, my phone was ringing. I was confused because it was coming from off base. When it is on base the ring is one long ring- when it is off base, it is two short rings.. Anyways.. I was called in to sub tomorrow. 5th and 6th grade. I subbed last week too! That was good! As far as the job thing- I know that God is in control... so, I am not really worried about it! Not to mention I am kinda enjoying my stay at home wife life! :) I am working hard on my Masters Degree.. it has been challenging! But I am putting my all into it. My first class ended.. with a grade of 98. Right now in my second class I am pulling a 100. Wow, huh?
Nathan is doing well. We both are. He is back into his working out routines now that he is back on shift! So, that is good! I am too! I have been doing great. I only have about 10lbs left until goal! I have done soooo great! This weekend is my 25th birthday. That is crazy. It does not seem like I should be that old. And then only 15 days later, my baby sister will be 21- that is so crazy. This past weekend, with Ike hitting at home- and all of the power down... everyone was at my moms house.. I talked with ALL of them for hours this weekend.. Grandma, Mom, Greg, Shane, Steph, Chloe, Addi, and Ashtyn! It was great! Oh, and Dezi.. because Dezi is at my moms for the week!
Speaking of Dezi-it hit me today: We are approaching four months without her. Wow, how fast it has gone. Four months without Dezi also means what? (Okay so, its really three and a half, lol) That long since I have seen my family and that long sicne we have been in Japan. I am very ready for December. I need my baby girl here! It gets so lonely. Anyways.. hopefully I will get some new pictures for you soon.. I will post the ones from the Special Olympics soon! :) We miss you all and love you all!!!


No comments: