Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Airshow 2008

Well.. it rained at the Air Show Sunday. I showed up to work at the Girl Scout booth.. but I only stayed there for like 45 minutes. After that I ended up at the Fire Department Booth. Nathan was at the FD doing standby in case of emergencies.. but I helped at that booth for the whole day. It was crazy. I had not slept the whole night before.. it was a bit overwhelming at first. Mind you there are over 100,000 Japanese nationals there.. There were 3 Japanese girls and ME selling stuff from our booth! But after the first hour.. I had the hang of talking.. and pointing, lol.. and also giving back change with Yen. I was nervous about that. But it was a good day! The rain did not stop these folks.. AT ALL! What fun. I did not get out and get any pictures, but I took some from someone else so you guys can see.. there were not many planes that flew.. because of the weather.. but there were SO many booths! SERIOUSLY! Japanese and American! It was so fun. The booth next to us was cooking octopus! Lol! Wow!



In other news, Nate is back at work on shift and he is as happy as can be! I did get called yesterday for a sub job on Friday- so that is good. I have applied with a lot of jobs on base through USAjobs.com.. They are all jobs you have to have a degree with- so they pay decently. They all close on 30September. So, they will not even begin interviewing before that! My heart is in the classroom though- so it makes me nervous! But.. you know, I know that God is going to take care of me. I just pray that I will have the discernment to listen to Him.. and not Cassey- I seem to always struggle with that!

Monday I went with two ladies from my church and a new friend to another town. We went and checked out the Thrift store. I did buy a few things. It was fun. The Japanese take really good care of their things! We also went to a store that is a lot like.. IKEA! So, be prepared... we will be going there for those of you that are coming..BRITT!

There is really nothing new with us! We are doing great. For those of you that did not see the pics that I posted from our camping trip before I so oddly deleted my blog, lol.. go look on my myspace and you will find them! i hope to update again soon with more pics. We were talking about going to an aquarium tomorrow.. Lets see if we really go! :) We kinda get lazy on Nate's days off! Have a blessed day

No comments: