Sunday, October 12, 2008

I know.. I know!

I know .. it has been quite a while since I have posted... I have just been.. PUTTING.IT.OFF! No excuses. Honestly, I just HATE putting pictures up on this site when I have a lot- because.. it takes forever! :) So.. it has been pure lazyness. So.. I am going to post a few pictures from each thing that has been going on! It is now Mid October-- :) We have several things that we have done in this time. So.. these are in no order.. Just how I get to post them-- So.. here ya go! Make sure you read the update at the end also! :)
Last weekend.. Sunday, Oct. 5- started Fire Prevention Week here on base. So on that Sunday- the fire department set up a HUGE thing in the parking lot of the BX (our Walmart.. haha). They had invited Japanese firefighters for the fun! It was a huge contest. It was so fun to watch!! The first part was.. pulling a firetruck! :) We had four firefighters on each team- Japanese got five! :) The next thing was an obstacle course.. Each person on the team had a different thign to do.. One person ran up this huge flight of stairs carrying a hose, then pulling up another hose, I think.. then ran down. The second person would start hitting this huge heavy thing.. I dunno.. you will see pics. Nate isnt here to tell me exactly the names of these things! :) The next thing was that same person ran to the Firetruck.. but zigzagging.. Then the next person (NATE) ran down to the END of the parking lot carrying a hose and spraying a cone to knock down a ball. Then.. the next person ran backwards (with someone behind for support) back to the firetruck carring a 180lb fake person! :) It was so fun!!! Then the next thing they did was a water bucket thing.. Not sure about that either- you will see pics. Nate got Drenched. You must know.. it was FRRRREEEZING out there. Hence the reason I am in a HUGE sweatshirt looking double my size.. The last thing was the thing you will see where they have the water hose.. 2 firedepts are spraying this ball.. on either side- trying to get it to go over the other teams marking.. I dunno! :) But it was a GREAT day of fun! Nate's team won 1st!!! :) However, he was sick the next 4 days! :) But it was fun!































These pictures below are from a Friendship Festival in Misawa. We went with our friends Kathie and Jason.. their little girl, Anna was dancing in it. You will see pictures of me and a little girl- that is Julia, their other little gal... she has me wrapped around her finger. :) The pictures of the young girls dancing.. Anna is in the front. She did the best and was awesome!!!! I took some random pictures of the Belly Dancers for you as well!!! :)
















The following pictures are from a Saturday a couple of weeks ago. Nate tried out for TOPS IN BLUE. This is a Air Force traveling singing performance group. He used some songs and sang. He did one country and one rock. He will not hear anything until around the first of the year.. but if he is selected..THAT becomes his job for the next year. He travels all around the world! He did very well.. and he had so much fun. Our friends, Sadie and Vlad, went with us for moral support! :)




These pictures are from before the lsat time I posted.. But it is the SPECIAL OLYMPICS on base! Nate and I volunteered to be part of it! We had like 30 Japanese people come to participate in it! It was an all day event- and it was so much fun. Nathan led up one of the games and I had two people that I walked around with.. well.. for a little while anyways! :) But it was a great time. It was somewhat emotional for me a few times. These people were SO amazing!!! They had so much fun and were so happy and excited. Japanese people are ALREADY so kind- and you know that "special" people are normally even more sweet.. so! :) You can only imagine! It was a great experience.. and I am so glad that I was able to be a part of it!






Yesterday was International Scout Day with the Girl and Boy Scouts of the base and in Japan.. it was so much fun. We also had a "homestay" later in the night! But those pictures will have to wait.. another day! :) I think you have enough as it is!! :)
Everything is going great. I have been subbing quite a bit- so at least I am making some kind of money! :) Nate just found out he is being deployed at the first of the year. He will be leaving while his parents are here- unless there is a flight that opens up earlier that they can come! Thank God Dezi is coming.. I do not know if I could make it through a deployment without her! :)

No comments: